We did, however, see many rabbits and sheep and goats! In the rabbit tent we found this thing called a Flemish Giant. That was impressive! That's not the kind of rabbit that hops delicately around the woodland meadow. That thing galumphs!

Linda found a friend in the sheep tent. I must say, when penned up, these things aren't too annoying.

I like how this guy looked. Sheep have such funny, clueless faces.

Miniature Horses were not something I expected to see here in Idaho (don't ask me why because I don't have a clue), but it was a treat. This one was about as tall as my hips; measuring from his head, not his shoulders. It's funny the variation you can find in the breed. Some of them looked like sturdy little Shetland ponies, others had such dainty heads and pencil-thin legs with tiny hooves. It's amazing. I told Ryan that when we get a house, we should get one of these things instead of a lawnmower.
Most impressive in the cattle tent (also called the "beef arena"):

They call me...Tim.
If you haven't seen Monty Python you won't get it, so don't try.
And most impressive in my mind was this big fella.

The picture really--really, really, really--doesn't do him justice. His hooves were as big as dinner plates, and I think his hips were wider than a yardstick! I absolutely adore draft horses! They just look so much more impressive and regal than regular horses do.
After this we went to look at the rides and games. That was like playing human bumper cars with every possible variation of human being available on this planet. Ugh. And carnies are so scary! Next time I think I'll stick with the animals. They're more polite.
1 comment:
With the way gass prices are, a pony would probably be cheeper than a lawnmower--and cuter too!
Glad you had fun with the animals. Maybe you should start a farm some day..... :)
Post a Comment