It's finally finished!

I've been working on this quilt for over a year. I started it when we lived in Moscow. It was my first one and I had other projects as well so it was kind of a sporadic labor. But, yay! It's done!
I must say though, I was expecting something a bit more climactic when the last stitch was sewn. A spotlight coming down from heaven...Choirs of angels...That sort of thing.
But it was not to be. Sigh.
* * *
Babies!
No, not the pink kind.

This kind!
I got a whole box full of little cactus sprouts from my aunt Darcy last week. Now most of our windowsills are filled with growing things.
I love cacti and succulents. They appeal to the artist in me. They're just so unique. Most of them look like something out of a Jim Henson movie (i.e. "Labyrinth," or "The Dark Crystal").
While Ryan and Larry and Dad went hunting a few weeks ago, I went to CO to spend time with Mom and Sis.
I absolutely love living in a small town and I don't think I would trade it for anything in the world, but boy do I enjoy visiting the bigger town with all of its restaurant options and shopping malls... Hoo!
Even walking around downtown Denver can be fun. I bought a teapot at a bookstore. Japanese Beehouse teapot. It's cute!
We were there to eat at the Vesta Dipping Grill. Erin and Daniel had tried it once and really liked it. I like it too. :)
There was some sort of game (baseball?) in town--you can see how much I care and/or pay attention to these things--because people were on quite a few street corners trying to sell their tickets very loudly. Reminded me of some people working at the Idaho State Fair.

I found a cool painting on the side of a building.

And near by was this neat park bench. (On the front of the seat it says, "See you ladder.")
Mom, Erin and I also went to the Denver Zoo. I love going to the zoo. It's a part of the kid in me that still remains. This one was a little bit of an obstacle course for Mom. They had these life size bronze statues of various animals, mostly reptiles, throughout the zoo, and Mom is scared of reptiles, so I tried to warn her whenever I spotted one.

Couldn't let them sneak up on her.

Such a tired bear!

It must have been Siesta time at the Zoo. Most of the big animals were soooo sleepy.

This little guy just loved the taste of his fence. He wasn't biting it; just numming on it. Lead paint must have a nice flavor. ;)

This is one of the cutest things I ever did see! I can't remember what it is, but it's about the size of a guinea pig. And what a long, nervous little nose he had. Sniff, sniff, sniffing for food all over the place.

Posin' for a picture.
Last but not least: Feeding the Lorikeets.

Mom found a new friend.

Erin used to work with the Lorikeets at the Portland Zoo. She's not afraid to take charge!

And thus it was that I discovered, if you hold two cups of nectar (yours and your mother's) so that Mom can take your picture it just makes you an easier target for hungry birds.
That's pretty much it from the zoo.
We three girls also went to one other restaurant that I think is worth noting here: The Dushanbe Tea House in Boulder CO. The history and artistic skill in that place is amazing! You should read up on it.
The tea is really good too. I bought some to take home. It's yum.
Here's some pictures from inside the tea house.

Hand carved pillar.

I love the different colored woods used in the front of that bar.

Ceiling.

The ceiling was sectioned off in boxes. I think you can see a row of them in the previous picture. Here's a closeup of one of those boxes. Can we say, "Wow?"
And here's some pics from outside.

Tile walls.

Cool sign.

It was a really neat place.
That was about it for the trip. Mom and I had to get back to ID to meet our menfolk. We did take a few last pics before we left though.

Here's us at the beginning of the trip.

Aaaand us at the end.
That's about it for now.

Saw some windmills on the way home.
Okay, that's really it. Nothing left. Yay, I'm all caught up now! Bye.
3 comments:
You went to a teahouse without ME?! How could you? ;-) Looks like you guys had a great time. YAY for finishing the quilt too.
BTW, the convergence quilt on my blog is not Chad's--he would never pick out that fabric for himself. Finding the right stuff for him will take a while.
I love that you're able to go find all these cool places! The tea place is absolutely beautiful. Sounds like you had a very enjoyable time. Nice to see that your mom is doing so well too.
Oh, your quilt inspires me to finish mine! Looks like you had a blast in CO. Those pictures are great!
Post a Comment