Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Turkey Fest '08

Ryan has been turkey hunting with his dad for a few years now. April of this year he finally got one. I would like to add that it was bigger than the turkey his dad got. :)


Anyway, we decided to celebrate by having it in a potluck for the whole church. I only got one picture to share. We were so busy having fun I forgot to take any more. Oh well.


This is the first wild turkey I've ever cooked. While Ryan and a few other men replaced the windows on our church building, I got the turkey ready. I cooked it on regular time and heat, but I stuffed it full of apple and pineapple slices to give it extra moisture. That's a thin pineapple slice on top of the turkey breast in the picture. It was so good!

Ryan needs to get another turkey next year so we can start a yearly Turkey Fest.


Also, last weekend we had our first snow of the year. It's all melted away now. Hee hee--Oh! Ahem. I mean, "Awww. So sad."

Snow is pretty. But snow blowing sideways in the freezing wind? Ugh!

I am such a Grinch. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, that looks good and sounds like lots of fun! Got any leftovers? He, he.

Angela said...

Boy, the view of the snow from your window looks decidedly more dreary than ours ;-) JK--nice black and white shot.