It was a good drive. The roads were very clear (thankfully) and the weather was good. We stopped in Boise for the night and got to visit and play Guitar Hero with most of the Buzga family, including Donald. He was having a really good day and a great time was had by all, I think.
By the way, Don, I really, really wanted to upload a certain video of a certain someone singing to a certain Guitar Hero song, but I didn't! I was sorely tempted, but I prevailed! So, can I be your friend again? :)
I like Guitar Hero, but Ryan loves it. It's the only video game he really gets excited about, and he's good at it too.


The next morning we drove the rest of the way to Moscow, after stopping in McCall for lunch. This cute little restaurant has what I must say are the most impressive pancakes I have ever seen.

I felt compelled to leave my own, just-served food untouched just so I could run out to the truck and get my camera and document this pancake. I say "this" pancake because there is only one pancake in this picture.

Normally I would say that it could be a pretty hard task to top that pancake experience, but I think that being able to go back to Moscow, visit the church and stay with friends...was at least a close second. :)
You know I'm kidding. Being with Christian friends is always the best experience.

When Ryan and Chris weren't talking about songs and church subjects they were usually talking about fishing and fishing trips (But none in March, right guys?).

Jeannette and I visited her sister Stephanie one day, and on the way there we saw this big bird in a tree. This is the closest picture I could get. I want to say it was a Bald Eagle, but I can't be sure. It was certainly big enough to be an eagle; I just don't know what kind. Suggestions anyone?

We got to celebrate Jeannette's birthday; a date that completely slipped my mind, so I had no card or present ready. I made Chris let me do the dishes before Jeannette got home. I guess I could count the dish washing as a sort-of present. Either way it's on my calendar now!
Don made little strawberry-kiwi-banana-whey-etc. smoothies (which were very good) for everyone and the candles spelled out Happy Birthday. Ryan missed out on the awesome smoothies because he had to go to the conference banquet. :(
I got sick on the very last day. I had been sick the week before, and I think that it just hadn't completely worked itself out of my system yet and decided to have one last hurrah before leaving for good. In spite of that, we had a really good trip. We got to see most of our old church friends and we also got to meet David Mitchell, who was preaching at a Gospel Meeting at the Moscow Church and who, coincidentally, was going to preach at a Gospel Meeting at our church in Blackfoot the very next week (March 13-15). Small world, isn't it?
2 comments:
I'm so glad you guys had a great trip! Hopefully, we'll get to meet those lovely people someday. Glad you're back!
I'm looking forward to someday observing Ryan's killer Guitar Hero skills. I keep hearing he has good Guitar Hero Kung Fu.
That's a pancake that only Ryan can handle with his awesome Pancake-Kung-Fu-Skills and mind powers.
Ryan & Chris talking about FISHING??? Big surprise there!
My suggestion is: that is a bald eagle. And, Kathleen, you have awesome Picture-Taking-Kung-Fu-Skills!
Happy Belated Birthday to Jeannette. Smoothies: yum! One of my favorite drinks. So, does Don have awesome Smoothie-Kung-Fu?
By the way, if David Mitchell's wife is named Beverly, and they have a daughter Erin's age named Kimberly, and a son whose name I forget, then I know who they are.
They were in our Homeschool Group in Starkville, MS. Erin & Kimberly used to play together. Ha! Small world! (after all)
I am so glad yall got to visit with all the Buzga In-Laws and Out-Laws in Boise and Moscow. I know a Good Time was had by all.
Today, boys and girls, this Comment was brought to you by the letters S--for Silly--and M--for Mama, and also by her awesome Kung Fu!
...yer mum...
Post a Comment