Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Playing Catchup

This is what happens when I have a bunch of little events that I think it would be fun to share. I get lazy, thinking, "I'll do it tomorrow," and then I wait and wait and wait to post them until I have a whole pile of things to share, and then I get to do one long post that's a tad out of date. Hooray for procrastination! :(

Oh well. Onward!


Birthday Cake!

My birthday was a lot of fun (I think I commented on that already). Ryan and I spent the day in Idaho Falls doing whatever. We spent hours in Barnes and Noble. It was wonderful! When we got home we went to the cheap theater and watched Defiance. Very good movie.


On the 31st of March we had crazy weather. It hailed!


The hail was tiny, as you can see, but there was so much of it coming down that the noise was amazing. It was a cacophony of little pings and pops on the rooftop.

On April 1st I found a rainbow in the craft room. It was just a little baby rainbow, but still colorful.


Later that same week I got to use my new, hand-me-down bread maker for the very first time, and it worked wonderfully. Thanks, Aunt Linda & Uncle Cliff! I love my bread maker. :)


My Photoshop lessons are going well. I'm teaching myself how to use it with the Classroom in a book series. Very helpful book! And here's an example of what I've learned how to do. This is a picture I took when Ryan and I went to Gibson Jack last month. (I would have posted on that outing but I procrastinated to the point of ridiculousness, so you just get to see this one pic.)


Original picture.


Altered picture. We're currently using this one as our desktop.

Lastly, some of my little cactus plants are having babies and others are flowering, which is a complete surprise because the ones that are flowering are the ones I thought never would!


Baby Aloe Vera. This is a very helpful plant.


Here's an Echinopsis and he's about as big as a silver dollar. See that little dot on the tip of the top star point? It's a baby! There's another one on the far right point as well.

This little guy is a Stapelia. I think these things are going to be flowers. Not sure though. I haven't had this plant long enough to be really familiar with it.

Here's one of two Opuntia's that I have (three if you count the prickly pear). That little bump in the foreground is either going to be a flower or a baby. I'm excited to see what it is either way; this plant hasn't been doing much lately and it's nice to see it finally getting a move on.

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Uncle Cliff said he was still waiting for the elk steak. I am so glad the bread machine is working for you. And lastly, I love the wooded picture with snow
Love Aunt Linda

Jeannette said...

Horray for Photoshop! You did a fine editing job. I just got my new photo software that works with Photoshop (it's called Adobe Photoshop Lightroom). It's supposed to save me lots of time but the learning curve always slows things down for a while. Too bad I don't have a classroom-in-a-book for this one! :)

Allie Nora said...

Yer birthday cake looks yummy.
Yer bread also looks yummy.
That hail looks like 2 aspirins in Ryan's hand.
I've been wondering about that movie,"Defiance," so I'm glad you recommended it. Hey, Kathleen, does the Monkey die?
I like your Craft Room Rainbow. I also like that you noticed it. The white paper helps it show up better for the photo.
Is Gibson Jack in Idaho? Did yall tent-camp out in the snow? If so, then you're a sturdier Pioneer Woman than I am, Rosebud-Girl.
I'm liking your Photoshop-Kung-Fu!
Life is like a box of Cacti--you never know what you're gonna get!
...yer mum...