I don't think I've been to Gettysburg before, and I know this was Ryan's first visit. We met up with Chad and Angela and their little baby girl, Ava. Unfortunately we didn't get out of the house as quick as we wanted (Caden's fault. Yes, I will shamelessly blame it on the baby.) so we were only able to spend half a day there. We didn't get to see everything, but it was still awesome.
What can I say about Civil War sites? They're very interesting, and kind of sad at the same time.
This painting, the Cyclorama, was amazing! One thing about it that I thought was really neat was that little man, sword in hand, standing next to the tree. That's the artist, Paul Philippoteaux. That was his way of signing this masterpiece.
Caden looking up at some cannonballs. Methinks I will regret the calculating gleam in his eye. Not that he needs cannonballs to wreak havoc (explanation forthcoming in a later post).
Never get on the wrong side of a woman who knows how to make cookies.
Not being in the military myself, this is something I've never understood about the size and proportion of the various groupings of soldiers until this picture laid it all out for me. Ah! I feel smarter already.
We stood where he stood! Pardon me while I geek out over that fact.
Some type of Cedar. I was just impressed by the sheer size of it.
Our souvenir from the trip; locally made fudge. We got Peanut Butter Chocolate, Cookies n' Cream, and Chocolate Walnut. They did not last long.
No comments:
Post a Comment