Friday, September 19, 2014

Rio Savane


Rio Savane (pronounced: Rio Savahn) is a place to get away from it all, literally, and that sounded like the kind of place we like, so we went there with some friends from Gorongosa, Andre and his wife Zamira, who you won't see much of in the pictures because she liked taking pictures more than she liked being in them. I can relate. ;-)

It was our last trip outside the park before we flew home to the states, and I think we made the most of it. We experienced the Indian Ocean, we ate crab--or rather, I ate crab while everyone else complained about how difficult it is to eat crab. Like the shell is that hard to crack open. Please.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes. Ocean, crab dinner, interesting chat with some “interesting” people (guy sailing around the African rivers with his wife, and his ex-wife, and a sailing friend who was also female and a motivational counselor of some kind, and his kids. Yeaaaaah.) mosquitoes, cold showers in a gritty, thatched-roof bath house, coconut trees, mosquito netting over the beds, geckos on the ceiling, a boat ride to the island in high tide, and the next day a boat ride at low tide and a slog through the sandy mud to get back to the truck.

I could wax eloquent I suppose, but I’ve got so many great pictures that I think I’ll just show instead of tell.

1 comment:

Allie Nora said...

Love it! We now have a great journal of your family's 3 months in Mozambique--with pictures and video, thanks to your creative and artistic perseverence, Kathleen. Thank you so much for all the work and time you put into this. Love from mom&dad. :-)