Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Daisies of yarn

The Daisy throw is finally finished! It went quickly, but that was such a neat project to work on because Mema, my grandmother, started it and I got to finish it. So, in a way, we finally got to work on a project together, which makes me feel really good. :)


I couldn't resist taking a picture of it with my bouquet of Gerber daisies. Before I had the real flowers to compare it to, I thought the crocheted daisies were a little too bright and unrealistic in their colors, but now I think they look pretty lifelike. Not much difference between the real flowers and the yarn flowers is there?


It's amazing how much that one little throw really livens up the living room. It's just so cheerful. I'm having to resist the urge to turn right around and start crocheting a daisy afghan of my own. Yarn is expensive and I don't even need a full-size afghan. But then the artist in me says, "Regardless of your logical arguments, it would still be fun to make." My logical side has never been stellar in its reasonings, so we'll see how this little internal debate goes.

On a completely different note, I saw this on MSN and was simply amazed. That makes me want to think twice (or even three or four times) before I go to one of these restaurants again. I'm certainly not a calorie counter, but even I don't think it's very wise to consume 2 days worth of sodium in one meal! Wow.

2 comments:

Lulu said...

The daisys are so pretty next to the afghan. That piece of work will always be special to you.
Aunt Linda

Allie Nora said...

Mema would be pleased and proud of your work on that Daisy afghan. You done good, my Rosebud! And the real daisies look good with it, too.
I went to that link you posted and read just about everything on that website. Yep, it's downright scary what we consume sometimes!
...yer mum...