Happy anniversary to Wilbur, our little rubber boa. We have now had him for one year! I would say happy birthday, but since he came from the wild we don't actually know how old he is. Age doesn't matter! It's how old you feel, right? :)
He is such a great little ambassador for reptiles; the most docile and curious little snake I have ever met. Even my mom sort of likes him--and snakes terrify her. Right Mom? Seriously though, I think rubber boas are great introductory snakes for people who feel nervous around reptiles. They are very gentle, small enough that they don't look intimidating and they have a wonderfully mild temper. BUT, if you own one or are thinking about getting one, check with your local Wildlife, Fish and Game people first. There are laws concerning these little critters and the law varies by state; in some states like Idaho, you can catch them and keep them, in other states you aren't even allowed to pick one up if you see it on the ground. So, check first.
For those of you who are interested, Wilbur's eye is doing better. The cap is still there, but we're soaking him every day like the vet suggested. He still has his appetite, he's active and curious, so the eye cap isn't really bothering him at all. He's such a lil' trooper!
2 comments:
Oh, happy, happy birthday yu precious WilburSnake;
Yer cute & snakey-special, let’s make a snakey-cake;
Throw Pinkies in the blender, pink sugar & Bug-Goo;
Hey, pink's my fav'rit color-- that must be why I love yu!
My love has some conditions, you've noticed that, no doubt;
I always stand at arm's-length when yer parents bring yu out;
Yer just so snakey-awesome as yu crawl upon their arms;
I stand across the room & marvel at yer snakey-charms!
May happiness & good health bless yu all yer snakey-life;
As yu live in Pocatello with Ryan & his wife;
We kno we are not worthy to have yer com-pan-y;
We’re thankful that you bring us your snakey-comedy!
tee-hee-hee!
...yer mum...
Wow, I haven't checked your blog in a little while and there is so much to catch up on! You are such a consistent contributor - an inspiration for the rest of us (well, for me anyway). I am very impressed with the new little friend - he's adorable! Congrats to Wilbur for an entire year. We really need to arrange for him to meet Chris. Hmmm, I'll have to get on that.... :)
Post a Comment